Re: [squid-users] Strange problem accessing http://Bloomberg.com

From: Jason Taylor <j_at_jtaylor.ca>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 13:28:53 -0400

Hi Amos,

I resolved the issue with the following line in my proxy.pac file:
       if (dnsDomainIs(host, "\'wbetest2.bloomberg.com")) { return
"proxy:3128"; }

I used the page at
http://jcurnow.home.comcast.net/~jcurnow/WritingEffectivePACFiles.html
(mentioned in the proxy.pac entry in wikipedia) to add sufficient
alerting in my PAC file to precisely walk through the bloomberg page and
see $host values that the PAC file was seeing.

Also, I found a contact within my organization that has several contacts
at Bloomberg and my issue description and fix will make their way to the
right people to take care of the source of the problem.

Now if only Microsoft could take care of their javascript parser...
Firefox does not experience this issue, even when using the exact same
PAC file.

Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers,

/Jason