[squid-users] Can Squid do what Blue Coat BCAAA does with transparent silent NTLM auth

From: Elvar <elvar_at_elvar.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 12:47:31 -0500

Hello,

For several years now I've used Squid with Winbind to silently
authenticate users to Active Directory which has worked wonderfully. The
one thing I've always had to do though is configure the user proxy
settings to manually point to the proxy in order for it to silently
authenticate. If I try a transparent proxy configuration without
specifying manual proxy settings in the browser the silent
authentication does not work.

According to some friends who use a product called Blue Coat SG there is
an agent called BCAAA which allows you to have the proxy configured in a
transparent manner, not specify manual settings in the users browsers,
and still get silent NTLM authentication. Is there any way to do this in
Squid that I'm just not aware of?

Kind regards,
Elvar