Re: [squid-users] Getting error msgs when trying to start squid

From: Henrique M. <henriquemarrocos_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 12:12:34 -0700 (PDT)

Amos Jeffries-2 wrote:

> 'error messages' in web terminology means something completely different
> which can be 'kept'.
>
> I assume you mean where doe sit send the startup error output? That is
> usually sent to syslog by Debian/Ubuntu during init process and then
> when squid is going to the /var/logs/squid3/cache.log
>
> Amos
> --
> Please be using
> Current Stable Squid 2.7.STABLE6 or 3.0.STABLE13
> Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.6

Thanks for the help so far Amos, the squid 2.7 is working now. I couldn't
get squid3 to work so I reinstalled squid 2.7 and it worked right away,
don't know why it didn't work before. This version seems to be ubuntu's
default but it is old and even though it is running it won't recognize the
"httpd_accel" command lines, so I had to comment them like you guys said.

I also would like to ask for help with squid configuration. I have a ADSL
modem that it also DHCP server (IP is 192.168.2.1) and a Ubuntu Linux server
that will be the proxy server (IP 192.168.2.5). In order to get the proxy
working will I have to transfer the DHCP server to the ubuntu server
instead? How should I setup squid.conf to get proxy working?

Thanks again