Re: [squid-users] Getting error msgs when trying to start squid

From: Henrique M. <henriquemarrocos_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 06:54:37 -0700 (PDT)

Amos Jeffries-2 wrote:

> httpd_accel has been obsolete for more than 3 years now.
> Where did you get that config? I know it does not come with the packaged
> squid/squid3 on any current Ubuntu.
>
> Considering that you have on apparently brand new installs encountered two
> sets of issues with long obsolete config options. I'm going to have to say
> please post your Ubundu version, squid version, and whole squid.conf
> (minus the comment '#' lines) and lets get it cleaned up before you do
> anything else.
>
> Amos

My Ubuntu version is 8.10, my Squid version is 2.7STABLE3-1ubuntu2.1 and my
squid.conf was uploaded with this message.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22971433/squid.conf squid.conf

I added the "httpd_accel" command lines because I read online that this was
the procedure to enable the proxy + cache for http, but I didn't know this
was obsolete.