Re: [squid-users] Getting error msgs when trying to start squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:06:15 +1200

Henrique M. wrote:

> Amos Jeffries-2 wrote:
>> httpd_accel has been obsolete for more than 3 years now.
>> Where did you get that config? I know it does not come with the packaged
>> squid/squid3 on any current Ubuntu.
>>
>> Considering that you have on apparently brand new installs encountered two
>> sets of issues with long obsolete config options. I'm going to have to say
>> please post your Ubundu version, squid version, and whole squid.conf
>> (minus the comment '#' lines) and lets get it cleaned up before you do
>> anything else.
>>
>> Amos
>>

> My Ubuntu version is 8.10, my Squid version is 2.7STABLE3-1ubuntu2.1 and my
> squid.conf was uploaded with this message.
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p22971433/squid.conf squid.conf
>
> I added the "httpd_accel" command lines because I read online that this was
> the procedure to enable the proxy + cache for http, but I didn't know this
> was obsolete.

FYI:
The squid wiki http://wiki.squid-cache.org has the authoritative current
information and how-tos.

The config manual http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config has the
authoritative content on all options since Squid-2.5 what they do and
where they are available.

What do you mean by "proxy + cache for http"? none of those words
meanings individually or together match with httpd_accel config options
meaning.

Your config as posted shows:
  A regular forward proxy listening on port 3128 and only allowing
traffic from localhost (aka IP 127.0.0.1) through to the internet.
Some extension HTTP methods have been added to allow SVN to work through
the proxy.
Port security has been updated to allow rsync, cups and SWAT protocols
to be sent over standard HTTP, and rsync, snews over CONNECT tunnel
requests.
The proxy sits in a private network of 192.168.2.0/24, though the
network hosts are not allowed to use it.

What do you need to add/alter from that?

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.6