Re: [squid-users] Getting error msgs when trying to start squid

From: Henrique M. <henriquemarrocos_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 07:22:50 -0700 (PDT)

Amos Jeffries-2 wrote:

> FYI:
> The squid wiki http://wiki.squid-cache.org has the authoritative current
> information and how-tos.
>
> The config manual http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config has the
> authoritative content on all options since Squid-2.5 what they do and
> where they are available.
>
> What do you mean by "proxy + cache for http"? none of those words
> meanings individually or together match with httpd_accel config options
> meaning.
>
> Your config as posted shows:
> A regular forward proxy listening on port 3128 and only allowing
> traffic from localhost (aka IP 127.0.0.1) through to the internet.
> Some extension HTTP methods have been added to allow SVN to work through
> the proxy.
> Port security has been updated to allow rsync, cups and SWAT protocols
> to be sent over standard HTTP, and rsync, snews over CONNECT tunnel
> requests.
> The proxy sits in a private network of 192.168.2.0/24, though the
> network hosts are not allowed to use it.
>
> What do you need to add/alter from that?
>
> Amos

Amos I probably don't need most of these rules that came with squid. For now
I only want to get squid to work, speeding up the http browsing and giving
total access to the internet to the network clients.

I have made I few changes to squid.conf based on what you told me, but proxy
still doesn't work. http://www.nabble.com/file/p23137693/squid.conf
squid.conf

Would you suggest a different setup for me to use?