RE: [squid-users] Initial webpage before surfing on squid

From: Jorge Bastos <mysql.jorge_at_decimal.pt>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 11:21:06 +0100

> This should probably read...
>
> external_acl_type session ttl=14400 negative_ttl=0 children=1
> concurrency=200 %URI /usr/lib/squid3/squid_session
>
> ....since you are intending to "remember" the original URI requested.
> Using %LOGIN in an external_acl_type declaration implies you are using
> authentication.
>
> > acl session external session
> > http_access deny !session
> > deny_info http://your.server/bannerpage?url=%s session
> > ---
> >

> Chris

Hi Chris,
Well yes, I was very confused why was it complaining about AUTH, and in the
squid_session manpage where's nothing that mentions %URI didn't touch that.

So far it seems to working good, I'm being redirected to the page I
specified, now I'm going to create the page to read the query string, and
then report success or not.
Thanks a lot Chris :)

Jorge,