RE: [squid-users] Initial webpage before surfing on squid

From: Jorge Bastos <mysql.jorge_at_decimal.pt>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:39:09 +0100

> Whoops. Try...
>
> external_acl_type session ttl=14400 negative_ttl=0 children=1
> concurrency=200 %SRC /usr/lib/squid3/squid_session -t 14400

Well, seems to be working fine now :)
The only problem is that I get a "access denied" on every first access on
each machine.
My conf:

external_acl_type session ttl=14400 negative_ttl=0 children=1
concurrency=200 %SRC /usr/lib/squid3/squid_session -t 14400
acl session external session
##acl A dstdomain 195.23.114.74
##acl B urlpath_regex /inicial.php
##http_access allow A B
http_access deny !session
deny_info http://195.23.114.74/inicial.php?url=%s session

the lines that are commented were suggested by Amos, but even if I uncomment
them, I still get the access denied on the first access, instead of the
"deny_info" I've provide.

What am I missing here?

> It's based on whatever you send to it. In my initial suggestion, I
> used
> the URI as the key. I forgot that we really only need to send the
> requested URI to the deny_info page.

Well I understood this part clearly now, I also saw now that this variables
are on my squid.conf, and understood them.

> > For the session, there's any tool that I can see the active sessions
> and the
> > rest of information about them, ETA time etc etc?
> >

> Probably not. But you have the source to the helper, so perhaps you
> can commission such a tool...

Well will take a look after this is working fine :)

Jorge,