Re: [squid-users] Initial webpage before surfing on squid

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 13:51:32 -0800

Jorge Bastos wrote:
>> acl A dstdomain 195.23.114.74
>> acl B urlpath_regex /inicial.php
>>
>> http_access allow A B
>> http_access deny !session
>>

> Great!, now that works perfectly! And all sites entered are redirecting me
> first to the page I specified.
> Now I need to understand a few things and symptoms.
> When I open a browser window, I digit http://kernel.org, and I get
> redirected to http://1.1.1../inicial.php, and then I click the button I've
> made, and continue surfing in kernel.org page, I then go to the address bar,
> and digit www.samba.org, I'm redirected again to the page to
> http://1.1.1../inicial.php .
>
> Maybe it is not creating the session at all?

Whoops. Try...

external_acl_type session ttl=14400 negative_ttl=0 children=1 concurrency=200 %SRC /usr/lib/squid3/squid_session -t 14400

...which will send the client IP (instead of the URI being requested)
for the session manager to use as a key.

> When the session is created, is created by squid based on IP ADDR, or it's a
> coockie on the client's browser?

It's based on whatever you send to it. In my initial suggestion, I used
the URI as the key. I forgot that we really only need to send the
requested URI to the deny_info page.

> For the session, there's any tool that I can see the active sessions and the
> rest of information about them, ETA time etc etc?

Probably not. But you have the source to the helper, so perhaps you can
commission such a tool...

> Jorge,

Chris