[squid-users] Squid reverse proxy with upstream webserver authentication

From: Paul Wickham <paul.wickham_at_hbosa.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 18:55:51 +1000

Hi

We are running squid 2.6-21 (as bundled with Centos 5.3) and are
trying to configure a reverse proxy for an intranet webserver that
requires authentication. This is so that users can conect to the squid
server and see the authenticated content without providing a username
and password.

I was hoping that by configuring cache_peer with the
LOGIN=Username:Password option that squid would login to the webserver
and be able to obtain the content. However, when I try this I still
get prompted for my credentials which if I supply them works fine.

Is it possible to provide access to the authenticated content via this
method or would we have to follow another approach?

Cheers

Paul