Re: [squid-users] reverse proxy filtering?

From: Jeff Sadowski <jeff.sadowski_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 01:55:04 -0600

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 1:18 AM, Jeff Sadowski <jeff.sadowski_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>> Jeff Sadowski wrote:

>>> I want everyone on the outside to see the inside server minus one or
>>> two pages. Is that not what I set up?
>>
>> By lucky chance of some background defaults only, and assuming that the web
>> server is highly secure on its own.
>>
>> If you have a small set of sites, such as those listed in "our_sites" then
>> its best to be certain and use that ACL for the allow as well.
>>
>>  http_access allow our_sites
>>  http_access deny all
>>
>> ... same on the cache_peer_access below.

>>> so I want redirector_access?
>>> Is there an example line of this in a file
>>>
>>> I tried using
>>>
>>> url_rewrite_program c:\perl\bin\perl.exe c:\replace.pl
>>>
>>> but I guess that requires more to use it? an acl?
>>> should "acl all src all" be "acl all redirect all" ?
>>
>> No to all three. The above is all line you mention trying is all thats
>> needed.
>>
>>  url_rewrite_access allow all
>>
>> but the above should be the default when a url_rewrite_program  is set.
>>
>> What is making you think its not working? and what do the logs say about it?
>> Also what is the c:/replace.pl code?

>>> This was an example. I have full permission to do the real translations.
>>> I am told to remove certain links/buttons to login pages. thus I
>>> replace "<a herf=inside>button</a>" with "" Currently I have a
>>> pathetic perl script that doesn't support cookies and is gong through
>>> each set of previous pages to bring up the content. I was hoping squid
>>> would greatly simplify this.
>>> I was using www::mechanize I know this isn't the best way but they
>>> just need a fast and dirty way.
>>
>> Ah, okay. Well the only ways squid has for doing content alteration is far
>> too much as well for that use. (coding up an ICAP server and processing
>> rules or a full eCAP adaptor plugin).
>>
>> IMO you need to kick the webapp developers to make their app do the removal
>> under the right conditions. It would solve many more problems than having
>> different copies of a page available with identical identifiers.
>>
>> Amos
>> --
>> Please be using
>>  Current Stable Squid 2.7.STABLE6 or 3.0.STABLE14
>>  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.7
>>

> To easy your mind about what it is for.
> I am helping a library to setup a way to display available books to the outside.
> The internal website allows you to login and check out books which
> they want blocked to the outside. They do not want to modify the web
> developers code to fit their special needs, since it is a commonly
> used program to the libraries. They just want me to stop people from
> logging in and checking out books and they don't need it to be an
> absolute just difficult. When they should only be allowed to check
> books out from inside. The people asking me to help don't get to
> [...]
I think maybe this project better fits my needs :-D
http://www.privoxy.org (I don't need to cache although it would have been nice)
ugh I would have thought squid would have had text replacement.
I'll see if privoxy works as good at replicating pages and using cookies.
Hopefully it will work better than my own home brew written in perl using apache