Re: [squid-users] Squid BUG?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:47:55 +1200

Herbert Faleiros wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:58:22 +1200 (NZST), "Amos Jeffries"
> <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> [cut]
>> As a side issue: know who the maintainer is for slackware? I'm trying to
>> get in touch with them all.
>
> Sorry, here Squid was build from sources. The distro maintainer and more
> info (does not provide a binary Squid package) can be found here:
> http://bluewhite64.com (I'm still waiting for an official 64 bits Slackware
> port)

> Apparently yes:
>
> /dev/sdb1 276G 225G 37G 87% /var/cache/proxy/cache1
> /dev/sdc1 276G 225G 53G 87% /var/cache/proxy/cache2
> /dev/sdd1 276G 225G 37G 87% /var/cache/proxy/cache3
> /dev/sde1 276G 225G 37G 87% /var/cache/proxy/cache4
>
> It's running OK again.
>
> Now, another strange log:
>
> 2009/04/21 00:26:25| commonUfsDirRebuildFromDirectory: Swap data buffer
> length is not sane.
>
> Should I decrease cache_dir sizes?

No. This seems to occur when either the stored object is corrupted,
incompletely written, or the size of object is apparently larger than
the size of the file.

At a blind guess, I'd say its a 64-bit build reading a file stored by a
32-bit build.

The result is that squid immediately dumps the file out of cache. So if
it repeats for any given object or for any newly stored ones, its a
problem, but once per existing object after a cache format upgrade may
be acceptable.

>>> The stranger think was store rebuild reporting > 100%.
>> Yes, we have seen a similar thing long ago in testing. I'm trying to
>> remember and research what came of those. At present I'm thinking maybe
> it
>> had something to do with 32-bit/64-bit changes in distro build vs what
> the
>> cache was built with.
>

> Similar logs found here about memory usage (via mallinfo):
>
> Total in use: 1845425 KB 173%
>
> and sometimes negative values:
>
> total space in arena: -1922544 KB
> Ordinary blocks: -1922682 KB 49 blks
>
> Total in use: -1139886 KB 59%

Ah, these seems to be regular popups. It's a counter overflow on the
reporting. We try to fix in the latest release as discovered, there may
be a patch already in later releases or HEAD. If not bug report time for
that.

Amos

--
Please be using