Re: [squid-users] Re: Long running squid proxy slows way down

From: Seann Clark <nombrandue_at_tsukinokage.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 02:51:30 -0500

Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 24.04.2009, Seann Clark wrote:
>

>> Fedora 9, ext3 filesystem
>>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Besides all the tips you received from Amos, you could maybe consider to
> mount the ext3 partitions with the "noatime" and "data=writeback" options
> to improve latency. Depending on how important the data on this partition
> is, you'll maybe need an UPS then...

I can try that suggestion as well, since I have this system on an UPS. I
will research and stress the proxy to see what improvement I get from
that as well. Based on what is easiest for me to do initally I expect at
least a 20% improvement, if not a 70% improvement (depends on how I look
at it) on what I get for an improvement of the system.

Thanks,
Seann