[squid-users] Re: Re: Long running squid proxy slows way down

From: Heinz Diehl <htd_at_fancy-poultry.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 11:23:32 +0200

On 25.04.2009, Seann Clark wrote:

> Based on what is easiest for me to do initally I expect at
> least a 20% improvement, if not a 70% improvement (depends on how I look
> at it) on what I get for an improvement of the system.

These mount options help to improve responsiveness and reduce latency
in situations with high disk I/O. If you did mount your ext3 partitions
with the defaults (data=ordered and atime) before, you can expect up to
30% reduced latency in some situations. What these options are NOT able
to do is to run your squid 20-70% faster, of course.