[squid-users] Getting Connection Refused When Multiple Interfaces Enabled

From: Liam Campbell <LCampbell_at_primehealthcare.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:55:49 -0700

Let me explain my setup before I go into any details

I have a squid proxy with network A(192.168.1.0) connecting through eth1
and network B(172.16.29.0) connecting through eth2.
the Interface going out to the internet is eth0. The Proxy had been
working just fine when only network A was connected however I needed to
add network B to the mix. Installed the card, added new network to the
acl and brought the interface up. Now when I try connecting to anything
with my client machines on either network I either get Connection
Refused(error received from squid) or the Connection Times out. When I
drop eth2 so network B is no long connected network A is again able to
connect. So my question is what would be causing this and how can I
fix/get around it. At the moment I have no iptables rules in affect. I
have Squid 3.0 installed.

Liam Campbell, Computer Tech

Desert Valley Hospital

16850 Bear Valley Road

Victorville, CA 92392

(760) 241-8000 x 8727

"Patience is the companion of wisdom."

-- Saint Augustine

Notice: This e-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communications is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, then delete it. Thank you.