[squid-users] Squid for Apache Authentification

From: Tech W. <techwww_at_yahoo.com.cn>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 23:28:46 +0800 (CST)

Hello, I have the apache which enables directory authentification. for example, I have this auth config for apache: in httpd.conf: 〈Directory /home/ftp/pub> Options Indexes AllowOverride AuthConfig order allow,deny allow from all 〈/Directory> in .htaccess: authname "shared files" authtype basic authuserfile /*/.password require valid-user When someone access apache's that directory, it will open a prompting window for inputing username and password. But, if I set a Squid reverse-proxy before apache, and when people access that same directory through squid, the prompting window will not be opened, people have no chance to input username and password. I'm using squid3.0-stable13 and Linux with kernel 2.6. Please help. Thanks in advance. Regards. Yahoo!7 recommends that you update your browser to the new Internet Explorer 8.Get it now.