[squid-users] Troubleshooting squid: modified content

From: Sig Pam <spam_at_itserv.de>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 08:55:48 +0200

Hi Folks!

I have the problem that squid obviously modifies web site contents during
transit. For example, using the web site http://kb.4d.com through a squid
proxy does not work (will not show the knowlegebase content), using the site
with another proxy product (in my case, the simple polipo proxy) works
without any problems. I tested this with FireFox an Explorer - so it's
really a squid problem.

The same happens if I try to send data via https to the german tax office
(ELSTER - ELektronische STeuerERklärung). Sending tax reports does'nt work
through squid, but works with polipo.

Maybe somebody could point me to a good starting point to fix the squid. As
far as I know, squid should not do any content filtering ba itself - or does
it?

   Peter