Re: [squid-users] Troubleshooting squid: modified content

From: Jeff Pang <pangj_at_arcor.de>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 15:21:44 +0800

Sig Pam:
> Hi Folks!
>
> I have the problem that squid obviously modifies web site contents during
> transit. For example, using the web site http://kb.4d.com through a squid
> proxy does not work (will not show the knowlegebase content).

I added the config below to squid-3.0-stable14 here, it works fine.

cache_peer 64.94.92.31 parent 80 0 no-query front-end-https=auto
originserver name=origin_3_1
acl service_3 dstdomain kb.4d.com
cache_peer_access origin_3_1 allow service_3

How are you using squid for the site? with a reverse proxy? what's the
squid version?

> The same happens if I try to send data via https to the german tax office
> (ELSTER - ELektronische STeuerERklärung). Sending tax reports does'nt work
> through squid, but works with polipo.

Passing https requests through Squid need additional config like the SSL
certificate and private key.
You may double check squid.conf and logs for details.

> Maybe somebody could point me to a good starting point to fix the squid. As
> far as I know, squid should not do any content filtering ba itself - or does
> it?

YES Squid won't modify HTTP response body unless you specify it to do that.

--
Jeff Pang
DingTong Technology