Re: [squid-users] Transparent proxy with HTTPS on freebsd

From: Jeff Sadowski <jeff.sadowski_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:41:41 -0600

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh_at_gcd.ie> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 04 May 2009, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>
>> On 29.04.09 04:58, nyoman karna wrote:
>
>> > you probably may use PAC (as Amos suggested)
>> > but IMO it ruin the basic idea of using transparent proxy
>> > (which is user does not need to put any setting in their browser)
>>
>> the whole idea of intercepting proxy (also called transparent) is sick.
>
> Would you care to substantiate that in a bit more detail?

If your blocking content that would violate rights, maybe; if you are
doing it to speed things up or blocking sites that have no place in
the current facility I can not see how it can be claimed as sick.
I think blocking most porn from schools and work is right. Maybe even
blocking youtube from work because of how much time is waisted.