Re: [squid-users] Transparent proxy with HTTPS on freebsd

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 10:31:24 +0200

On 04.05.09 16:41, Jeff Sadowski wrote:
> If your blocking content that would violate rights, maybe; if you are
> doing it to speed things up or blocking sites that have no place in
> the current facility I can not see how it can be claimed as sick.

What is sick is the fact you must break someone's connection and insert
something there, instead of letting him know about a proxy.

Yes, applications that do not support proxy autodetection are problematic
themselves. But that imho doesn't change the fact it's sick.

OTOH, wpad and javascript autodconfiguration is not much better, but it is
still better

He who laughs last thinks slowest.