[squid-users] Limit Download Accelerators using req_header and maxconn

From: molybtek <moses_truong_at_ntm.org.pg>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 19:31:12 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to limit download accelerators making multiple connections, the
only reliable way I could think of to identify them is their use of the
Range header. However, if I block all range requests, then that would stop
even legitimate partial downloads. So I was thinking of using maxconn as
well so that single use of Range header is allowed.

acl Range req_header Range -i bytes
acl Max_Connections maxconn 2
http_access deny Range Max_Connections

The problem I'm having is the Max_Connections doesn't seem to be working.
Just wondering if anyone could give a suggestion on how to get it to work,
or other methods of limiting the use of download accelerators? Thanks.