Re: [squid-users] Placing COMPANY logo / BANNER

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 12:59:12 +0200

On 07.05.09 01:10, Parvinder Bhasin wrote:
> I have searched everywhere and cannot find anything regarding this.
> I would like to place a banner on every request client browser makes.

This is not possible, unless your users are only sending requests for
(x)html files, no included images stylesheets etc. Note that a web page
usually contains more objects than just one.

> I hear that it can maybe be done using Squid 3.1 and ICAP server.

Squid 3.0 supports ICAP too.

> Is there any example of this config? I am ok with coding something for
> this purpose.

I doubt so. Amongst other problems, some web site authors could be angry if
you included other content into their pages, which violates network
neutrality principle, and may be subject of law problems.

- Have you got anything without Spam in it?
- Well, there's Spam egg sausage and Spam, that's not got much Spam in it.