Re: [squid-users] Limit Download Accelerators using req_header and maxconn

From: molybtek <moses_truong_at_ntm.org.pg>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 16:13:52 -0700 (PDT)

Chris Robertson-2 wrote:

> molybtek wrote:
>>
>> Chris Robertson-2 wrote:
>>
>>> This is getting a bit off the path of your original question, but...
>>>
>>> Have you changed quick_abort_min, quick_abort_max or quick_abort_pct?
>>> How about read_ahead_gap?
>>>
>>> Delay pools should not download from the 'net faster than the data is
>>> delivered to the client*.
>>>
>>> Chris
>>>
>>> * If the client cancels the request, but the quick_abort_(min|max|pct)
>>> directive causes Squid to finish downloading the object, the delay pool
>>> is no longer used.
>>>

>> The Quick abort settings I have are as follows:
>> quick_abort_min 4 KB
>> quick_abort_max 4 KB
>> quick_abort_pct 98
>>
>> Read ahead gap is not set, so default to 16kb.
>>
>> Should I set them to zero or are the current settings okay?
>>

> Those all look fine. One other directive that might cause issues is
> range_offset_limit. An other would be the "no-delay" argument to
> cache_peer.
>
> Chris

We're not using any cache_peer or the range_offset_limit.
I've just tested some downloads using download accelerators again -
everything looks good now with the download getting restricted to the amount
set in the delay pool. Thanks.

I think what's happening is since I've been reloading pretty often trying to
tweak squid, any connections at the time of the reload are no longer
restricted by the delay pool so they not restricted, and hence they are able
to download at the maximum speed of our connection. Could this be true?