Re: [squid-users] Squid ICP

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 15:24:49 -0800

Thys de Beer wrote:
> HI All,
>
> Right i been struggle for this for DAYS now..i cant get my other cache
> (netapp cache appliance) to icp to my squid 2.5 box?

Hmmm... Do NetApps support RFC 2186 Inter Cache Protocol? Supposedly
(http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/199709/0333.html),
yes. At least at one time.

> .... here is what i
> know and tested looked for...
>
> Squid startup show ICP service as active listening on port 3130 ...
>
> But when i try to telnet to port..i get a access ferused ...

No surprise there. Telnet uses TCP, ICP uses UDP.

> but apart from that ,settting up my other proxy to use this squid as
> parent it i not working...seems i don't even see the tried connection in
> access.log...
>
> nmap - sU squidbox also shows 3130 to be listening ....

Here you directed nmap to check using UDP.

> my http_access allow rule is fine i even for testing allow ALL , as
> with icp_access ....

I'd run a packet capture on the Squid server to see if any traffic is
sent from the NetApp to port 3130. You could also up the debugging on
section 12.

> Kind Regards,
>
> Thys de Beer
> 018 388 3818
> 082 456 1891
> NOSSS - Network Operating Systems Support Services

Chris