Re: [squid-users] Problem with ntlm_auth: dying

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 01:34:05 +1200

Gonzalo PG wrote:
> Hi Amos,
>
> Thanks you for your soon replay, I've been looking through the logs
> and it only happens when doing a reload.
>
> About updating to STABLE 15, I need to plan an stop of the internet
> service for all the organization where I work, so it's no so easy, but
> if you think it can resolve the problem I do it.
>
> Sorry for the question, but what is an "FD issue"?

FD == file descriptor.

Squid uses FD during its working. We know that when it does not close
all helpers on a reconfigure/shutdown the remaining open ones hang onto
FD and can crash at the final stage of close.

I've looked at the code thats breaking and its not fixed yet. So unless
an upgrade is easy its probably not worth it for you just for testing
this. It's probably fixed in 3.1, but I don't want to go as far as to
recommend 3.1 for use in any seriously important places yet.

I will have to consult with the other dev who may know more about this
particular piece of code before we do anything. I will get back to you
on this.

Amos

--
Please be using