Re: [squid-users] Forwarding to different ports

From: edson <edson_at_ochoa.no>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 23:42:07 -0700 (PDT)

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> On 14.05.09 05:17, edson wrote:
>> I'm using squid as an internal proxy, and need to forward HTTP/HTTPS/FTP
>> to different ports to another proxy.
>>
>> Is this possible?
>>
>> How do I configure this in squid? Can't see that it is possible to do
>> this
>> with the cache_peer configuration.
>
>> Proxy.pac is not an option...
>
> do you want _clients_ to use different proxies?
>
> without proxy autoconfiguracion, you can do HTTP interception with
> firewall/SQUID, FTP interception with firewall/frox (transparenf FTP
> proxy)
> but you can not intercept HTTPS.
> --
> Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
> Spam = (S)tupid (P)eople's (A)dvertising (M)ethod

Hi, I actually found an "answer" here:
http://www.nabble.com/Forwarding-HTTP-and-HTTPS-Traffic-to-an-Upstream-Proxy-using-Cache_Peer-on-separate-ports-td15598777.html

I'm also using Finjan...

Difference is that the squid version I'm running is 2.5 (centos4), so the
name= option at the cache_peer didn't seem to work. Is this a squid 2.6
thing, or am I doing something wrong in the configuration?

- Edson