[squid-users] How do I Ubuntu 9.04 + Squid3 + likewise-open +Active Directory on Windows Server 2003 R2

From: michael hiatt <michael_hiatt_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 13:42:26 +1000

Hi guys,
I have Ubuntu 9.04 (Desktop) and attempting to use authentication to a windows werver 2003 r2 box.
I have installed likewise-open and been able to successfully "join" with domainjoin-cli command
using the following link as a guide: https://help.ubuntu.com/9.04/serverguide/C/likewise-open.html

Is it possible to use this method instead of winbind (as the config examples wiki shows)?

If so how would i go about implmenting this so that users on windows xp machines that are logged into my domain will be denied or allowed access using internet explorer?

Thanks guys.

Want to stay on top of your life online? Find out how with Windows Live!
http://windowslive.ninemsn.com.au/