[squid-users] Question about np-query option in cache_peer

From: Sergio Belkin <sebelk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 13:58:16 -0300

Hi,

Now I have an inner squid namely squid-1 and outer squid namely squid-2.

squid-1 has a squid-2 as parent:

cache_peer squid-2.domain parent 8080 0 no-query default
never_direct allow all

Please tell me if I understand what that means:

a) Client behind (only) squid-2 ask for object "A", because is not on
his own cache, ask to the internet, retrieves the object and save it
on his own cache.
b) When client behind squid-1 ask for an object "A" squid-1 looks
fisrtly at his own cache and if it's hasn't it, redirects the petition
to squid-2.
c) Then squid directly ask for object "A" on internet, but doesn't
look at his own cache, because of no-query option in squid.conf os
squid-1.
d) squid-2 retrieves object "A" and save it on his own cache.

If the above is right, squid-2 would be working twice, wouldn't it? In
that case, no-query would not be so useful.

Please fix me if I'm wrong

Open Kairos http://www.openkairos.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
Sergio Belkin -