RE: [squid-users] Can't access non-anymous FTP via Internet Explorer

From: James Zuelow <James_Zuelow_at_ci.juneau.ak.us>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 08:49:48 -0800

Thanks Amos!

Unfortunately when our users need FTP, they're almost always trying to hit FTP servers outside of our organization. There's no way for me to intercept the instructions provided to our user and tell them "do it this way instead..." until after the original instructions fail and the user initiates a help ticket.

I think I'll just create a proxy.pac rule to tell browsers to not proxy FTP at all. It's not the optimal solution, but we have many more IE users than Firefox users.

Cheers

James