Re: [squid-users] How to write squid.conf for this special proxy?

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 10:25:43 -0800

Hua Su wrote:
> Hi all,
> I need to setup a http proxy for all web sites,

Okay... That's what Squid does.

Okay... http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/cache/

> and each sites has its own cache quota.

Uhhh... You mean you only want to allocate a specific amount of the
cache for each site? One Squid instance can't do that. It would be
possible to have one dedicated Squid instance per site-to-cache, each
with a cache_dir set to the quota for that site, and a front-end child
process that directs the traffic to the proper dedicated instance...
Something like
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/MultiCpuSystem, but I'd
recommend avoiding that route.

> Would you kindly give me an example of squid.conf?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --
> Hua

Chris