Re: [squid-users] Connecting two networks via Squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 14:00:11 +1200

Chris Robertson wrote:
> Harry Griff wrote:
>> Thanks very much for your reply Chris!
>> First off, I'm stuck using 2.5. It was a lot of work getting squid
>> installed in the first place since the linux machine is located in
>> another country and the administrator there is really unhelpful...
>
> That's going to make things tough.

>> Do you mean that I should remove the line -
>>
>> http_port 10.20.1.1:443
>>
>> and have my clients connect to 10.20.1.1:80 for both http and https?
>> If not, what should I be doing for https?
>>

> It depends on which route you take... If you go for the accelerator
> setup, you are going to want both a http_port and a https_port line. If
> you have your clients specify a proxy server in their browser, then all
> you need is the http_port.

Major problems here though: multiple-ports/multiple-modes was added in
Squid-2.6.

Barry, if you can get yourself a shell access and build squid yourself
might be an option if the admin is that unhelpful. Or consider hunting
about for a host/admin who is more helpful.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.7