Re: [squid-users] squid_ldap_group group names cannot have spaces?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 14:04:44 +1200

Justin Yaple wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been working on getting my first squid proxy server up, and its
> been going slow, but good. I got LDAP authentication working, and
> then group authentication working also. The only problem I found is
> that a LDAP group with spaces in the name does not work. I have ready
> online that you should use single quotes to specify group names with
> spaces but it still does not work.
>
> My group name is like "G SG GroupName", and if I use 'G SG GroupName'
> when I try to start squid it returns "strtokFile: G not found". I
> have also tried to escapel the space using \. Doing that I could get
> squid to start without any error, but the login would not work.
>
> Anything I can do to get this working with the spaces?
>
> This was my guide to getting it setup.
> http://www.papercut.com/kb/Main/ConfiguringSquidProxyToAuthenticateWithActiveDirectory

Not easily. \" indicates reading from a file as you noticed.

Squid-2 has not natural support for character escaping.

Squid-3 contains a token function for this which is not always used
despite places like this where it should be. Patches to make 3.HEAD use
it routinely are very welcome.

Amos

--
Please be using