Re: [squid-users] Strange problem whit my Squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 18:38:55 +1200

rey.manic wrote:
> Hello all, I have configure a squid at ubuntu, for 3 or 4 days it works
> perfect, but after that it dont work any more, it give many errors at the
> log file
> ie: TCP_MISS/504
> TCP_MISS/302 and others
>
> but I discover that if I make a request to the squit proxy using IP and
> not the domain name it works
>
> so if I need to navigate on google.com the squit don’t work, but the
> google IP are 74.125.45.100 (one of them) if I put http://74.125.45.100 it
> works, I like to know why this is happening, what can be wrong at my
> squid.conf file ?.
>
> thanks for any help in advance

DNS appears broken. Squid is unable to resolve the name to find an IP.

Without seeing your config we can't answer the second question.

Check your system /etc/resolv.conf contains a usable DNS "nameserver XX"
entry, Squid will use those by default.

If resolv.conf is correct remove any dns_nameservers setting from
squid.conf. If you have added that with wrong values it will break DNS.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.8 or 3.0.STABLE16-RC1