Re: [squid-users] Web page authentication

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 10:18:03 +0200

On 27.05.09 12:53, Lucas Vianna wrote:
> Before asking, I had read about web page authentication, but
> i didn't find any practical example.

The "web page authentication" is not squid's business, the webserver has to
take care about that.

> I wouldn't like to use the pop-up browser to authenticate my users.

in such case, the web application has to take care abou that.

If you mean proxy authentication, it's a different thing and avoiding popup
authentication requires even more work for you.

> With this method, can i use ntlm authentication?

yes, but ntlm will not save you from having popups (Afaik)

I don't have lysdexia. The Dog wouldn't allow that.