[squid-users] tproxy vs DNAT

From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh_at_gcd.ie>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 14:08:23 +0100

Hi,

there's been a lot of talk about TPROXY being added back into the linux
kernel and squid changing to support it.

Currently, we do transparent proxying by policy routing port 80 traffic to
the proxy server then using DNAT (iptables) on the proxy server.

Could someone point me to something that explains the benefit of TPROXY
over DNAT? We would look to migrate over if there's a substantial benefit.

Thanks in advance,
Gavin