[squid-users] Squid Book(s)

From: Daniel <Squid_at_ZoomEmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 15:07:27 -0400

Hello,

        I will begin building a PoC Squid environment. Right now the latest
book that I can find on Squid is dated 2004 (5.5 years old!!). It's the
O'Reilly Media book, 'Squid: The Definitive Guide' (ISBN: 0596001622 /
978-0596001629).

        One of my co-workers already has this book and I had already browsed
through it. I want something on 3.0, is there anything 'out there'? I know
this sounds lame, but I hate reading online, I prefer to buy a book... I
don't really like printing off things online and then reading them either
(call me old school). HOWEVER, I will take all resources offered into
consideration and go with whatever are my best choices.

        I am fairly new to being a Linux Admin (if you even call me that)...
so I know that I'll struggle with this so I need something that is fairly
simple. For the first test I will probably just have a stand-alone Squid
box. Once I've proven FTP/HTTP/HTTPS works, I'll probably try and figure out
how to create some sort of array with some type of central management.

Anyways, I know that there's a lot of intelligent people on this list and
I'm hoping there's some 'knowledge' out in a book or on the web so I don't
have to ping this DL every 15 minutes =D

T.I.A.

-Daniel