Re: [squid-users] RE: Squid redirector problem

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 11:43:50 -0800

Vimal Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed squid-3.0.STABLE15 on my RHEL Box. Now I want to use
> redirection (browser based). For example:-
>
> If some one come from a IE and request for abc.com redirect to
> ie.abc.com
> If someone come from mozilla and request for abc.com redirect to
> mz.abc.com
> For all other abc.com -> www.abc.com
>
> I used squirm but it is not helping me.

If I remember correctly, Squirm is intended to be used as a
url_rewrite_program, which is not passed the User-Agent header. How
many domains are you looking to perform rewriting on? I think you are
going to need to use ACLs, http_access and deny_info to perform the
redirection based on User-Agent.

> Vimal Gupta

Chris