Re: [squid-users] RE: Squid redirector problem

From: Jeff Pang <pangj_at_arcor.de>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 13:03:04 +0800

Chris Robertson :
> Vimal Gupta wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have installed squid-3.0.STABLE15 on my RHEL Box. Now I want to use
>> redirection (browser based). For example:-
>>
>> If some one come from a IE and request for abc.com redirect to
>> ie.abc.com
>> If someone come from mozilla and request for abc.com redirect to
>> mz.abc.com
>> For all other abc.com -> www.abc.com
>>
>> I used squirm but it is not helping me.
>
> If I remember correctly, Squirm is intended to be used as a
> url_rewrite_program, which is not passed the User-Agent header.

mod_rewrite for apache2.2 could customize a rewrite-rule based on
request's UserAgent header (or most other headers).
But if going with httpd one could have the chance to do almost
everything based on Apache's API.This is the reason I once requested
squid team to privide API to 3rd developers.

--
Jeff Pang
DingTong Technology