Re: [squid-users] How can i forwadr headers and response to an external application?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 12:53:01 +1200

akinf wrote:
> I had asked you , how i can get client ip using icap? I found the answer.
> Thank you anyway.
> But i want to a few questions more
> 1.i configured squid to direct http messages to an icap server.
> But when my icap server is down, squid is not able to reconnect my icap
> server.
> Is there a way to make squid try to reconnect my icap server automatically

This should be happening. It may be delayed by a timeout though.

> 2. We could also use squid external acl concept for a solution. But we need
> to also read response headers. This feautere i think is enabled in squid
> 3.1, when do u think this release will be released.

Already released as beta. It's stable enough that if you test and find
everything works for you then can be used in production. The changes are
just big enough to need re-testing for each beta though, just in case.

I use it here for CDN and IPv6 access at Treehouse, and the Squid wiki
is also CDN provided through it. I know there are quite a few others
finding it very usable as well.

The only holdup on a stable release is a last bit of code polishing and
a few bugs we don't have the info or time to fix so far. PS, thats a
call for help if anyone has some time.

> Amos Jeffries-2 wrote:
>> akinf wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> We are planning to use squid as a http proxy as an alternative to wapgw.
>>> Our requirements include:
>>> reject some requests based on a businesslogic( we used redirector and
>>> implented this.
>>> Squid forward each url request wiht ip to our java based application.
>>> Actually this a telecom application we alose listen to radius packets and
>>> get msisdn using this ip and reject some requests from some misisdns ie
>>> phone number).
>>>
>>> Our next requirementsi to write log infiromation inculding, url ,duration
>>> time, contentsize from terminal, content size to terminal, some http
>>> headers, and some http response headers.
>>> How can i confiugre squid to forward these information to our external
>>> java
>>> based application?
>> What you are asking for is called ICAP protocol.
>> It is available from Squid-3.0 onwards.
>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/ICAP
>>
>> Though from your description you only need an external_acl_type helper
>> to receive a custom formatted set of information and send an allow/deny
>> back to Squid.
>>
>> These are available in all current Squid, with some small variation on
>> the details passable.
>> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/external_acl_type/

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.8 or 3.0.STABLE16-RC1