Re: [squid-users] ACL based on child info

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 11:29:46 +1200

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 18:01:31 -0400, Evelio Vila <vila_at_tesla.cujae.edu.cu>
wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> In my squid, I use 'login=*:password' to pass the username to a parent
> proxy. The parent proxy needs the user login information to conform some
> acls.
>
> My question is: wich acl type should I use in the parent proxy to match
> the received login info.
>
> i have my users in a plain text file.
>
> I've tried proxy_auth but it doesnt match the received login against the
> text file.

And the answer is....

  proxy_auth

... but using an authentication helper that can authenticate against the
text file format you use.

If none of the bundled helpers do it right it's easy enough to write custom
basic auth helpers. Just adapt the dummy helper from
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/LoggingOnly

Don't forget that when passed "login=*:password" the parent proxy will
always received the text "password" as the password. To use the real
password you need the exact text 'login=PASS'.

Amos