[squid-users] Cannot access https://webmail.ucdenver.edu via SQUID 2.7.STABLE6

From: Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt_at_charite.de>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:00:45 +0200

Are there any known incompatabilities between Squid-2.7.x and Outlook
WebAccess? We're talking about SSL encrypted traffic here...

The symptoms are interesting:

All we have is a Squid proxy server (actually 4 of them). But even when I
restrict my browser to just using one fixed proxy -- all I can do is can
log in, I get to see the message index, but clicking on any mail, any
link whatsoever results in being thrown back to the login screen.

If I enter the credentials again, the action I initiated is executed.

The next action throws me back to the login screen. I enter the
credentials again, and my action is executed.

So it works, but not as expected :)

When using "This is a private computer", the symptoms are somewhat
different, because I get thrown back to the login screen, which
now features the message:

"Your session has timed out. To protect your account from unauthorized
access, Outlook Web Access automatically closes its connection to your
mailbox after a period of inactivity. Please re-enter your user name and
password."

Entering the credentials just gives the same message again :(

Entering the credentials a second time takes me to the inbox.

So, it's unusable. Bypassing the proxy makes things work like a charm.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin