Re: [squid-users] Cannot access https://webmail.ucdenver.edu via SQUID 2.7.STABLE6

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 01:28:55 +1200

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> Are there any known incompatabilities between Squid-2.7.x and Outlook
> WebAccess? We're talking about SSL encrypted traffic here...
>
> The symptoms are interesting:
>
> All we have is a Squid proxy server (actually 4 of them). But even when I
> restrict my browser to just using one fixed proxy -- all I can do is can
> log in, I get to see the message index, but clicking on any mail, any
> link whatsoever results in being thrown back to the login screen.
>
> If I enter the credentials again, the action I initiated is executed.
>
> The next action throws me back to the login screen. I enter the
> credentials again, and my action is executed.
>
> So it works, but not as expected :)
>
> When using "This is a private computer", the symptoms are somewhat
> different, because I get thrown back to the login screen, which
> now features the message:
>
> "Your session has timed out. To protect your account from unauthorized
> access, Outlook Web Access automatically closes its connection to your
> mailbox after a period of inactivity. Please re-enter your user name and
> password."
>
> Entering the credentials just gives the same message again :(
>
> Entering the credentials a second time takes me to the inbox.
>
> So, it's unusable. Bypassing the proxy makes things work like a charm.

 From my experiences the demo config has to be followed exactly to get
things going right.
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/OutlookWebAccess

It sounds a little like you may be hitting balance_on_multiple_ip on
issues. But that only affects requests going DIRECT. Which OWA must not.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.8 or 3.0.STABLE16-RC1