[squid-users] squid config file - cache_dns_program and number of instances

From: Balaji Ganesan <bganesan_at_venturiwireless.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 10:26:06 -0700

In the squid conf file, we have the following

cache_dns_program      ./xxxxdnsserver.exe
dns_children      5

What this causes is , it spawns 6 processes for dns look up and shows up on task maanger as 6 different processes. Users are getting wary of 6 processes and also they think some kind of hack utility/Trojan  is running.  Is there a way ,we can change or modify squid.conf file to run as threads instead of 6 processes?

Thanks
Balaji