[squid-users] help with cache_peer/cache_peer_domain

From: Jayel Villamin <jarthel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 23:02:35 +0930

I have added the following to my squid.conf.
+++++
cache_peer x.x.x.x parent 8008 0 no-query
cache_peer_domain x.x.x.x .nickjr.com .imrworldwide.com .2o7.net
.mtvnservices.com
++++++++

My son likes to watch some videos from nickjr.com and the website
limits them to American IPs. In IE8, I can easily change to proxy to
x.x.x.x port 8008 and it works fine. But it seems using squid is a bit
more tricky.

If you looked at a snapshot of my access.log, some access to
nickjr.com are DIRECT while some goes through the cache peer
(represent by the text x.x.x.x). Is there an explanation for this?

This is access.lorg snapshot: http://www.pastebin.ca/1449704

Thanks for the help :)

ps. I believe mozilla has a "proxy changer" add-on so I could use that
as an alternative. But I want to see if I can make it work first using
squid.