[squid-users] Squid with Oracle

From: Peter Harrison \(C\) <Peter.C.Harrison_at_tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:02:39 -0400

Hello everyone, I have a new project here at work. Basically I need to
know if Squid will proxy Oracle traffic and if it will understand LDAP.

For instance after LDAP answers and the client comes back with Server
name(host of the DB, port and DB instance. Will proxy understand the
DB Instance name ie Foobar? Will it be able to reach that instance or is
it going to strip that info and the connection will fail?

As well has anyone every used this to proxy Sybase?

Peter C. Harrison