Re: [squid-users] custom auth not working

From: Al - Image Hosting Services <azick_at_zickswebventures.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:51:09 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Al - Image Hosting Services wrote:
>> print "OK\n";
>> } else {
>> print "ERR\n";
>> }
>> } else {
>> print "ERR\n";
>> }
>>
>> $sth->finish();
>> }
>>
>> $dbh->disconnect();
>>

>> Of course, I changed the username and password that we are using for the
>> database. Also, the line that is supposed to update the database is not
>> working yet, but as you can see it is commented out. I was supposed to have
>> this working Monday and it is now Thursday, so any help would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Al
>
> Maybe all those print "...\n";
>
> IIRC perl adds its own \n to the end for some outputs. Squid is expecting
> only one.

I have considered that, but "...\n" are all the perl examples we can
find.
Here are the 2 perl scripts that we based ours on:
http://www.tbits.org/download/squidauth.tgz
http://www.devet.org/squid/proxy_auth/contrib/auth.pl

I may be a little bit confused as to what squid wants back for a
reply. I guess really it will not hurt to try it without the "...\n".

Thanks,
Al