[squid-users] Possible to install squid to non-default directory?

From: <evan_at_modelxposure.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:27:20 -0400

I am running a mutation of FREEBSD called Freenas, using it for serving my
files. It works great, and I've had no issues with it. I've decided
however that instead of building another server, I'd like to run Squid on
the same box. This is where my problem lies. I'm running an embedded
version of freenas, running it off a 2GB USB stick. My mount is on a 4
disk raid 0 array. I am able to download and install squid to a directory
/mnt/RAID0/Apps/Squid, however when I try to run it, it doesn't start as
it's lookign for files in /usr/local/etc, which is on my USB key.

Is there a way to get it to re-reference the /mnt/RAID0/Apps/Squid folder,
so that it will run there? I tried softlinking all the files it was
looking for but ran into problems with the icons directory.

I'm very green when it comes to linux or freebsd, I've been a windows guy
for 15 years.

Thanks.

http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE