[squid-users] How to set Squid for tunneling and authentication with out cache.

From: csampath <csampath_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 07:27:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

This is my first post.
I am trying to configure the squid smiler to ssl VPN. Struggling for the
configuration from 2 days.

My requirement is client web requests (HTTP or HTTPS ) should come to squid.
Squid authenticate the user for the first time (of-course based of the
client ip) and just redirect the traffic between the client and the server.
I don't want cache

client)<--------> SQUID<----->Intranet/Internet

        RADIUS SERVER

MY SQUID configuration is as follows (it doesn't serve the purpose) : -
https_port 10.10.10.11:1443 accel vport vhost protocol=http
cert=/mi/portalCA/server-cert.pem key=/mi/portalCA/server-key.pem
acl CONNECT method CONNECT
acl SSL method CONNECT
#http_port 10.10.10.11:80 accel vport vhost
auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_radius_auth -f
/usr/local/squid/etc/squid_radius_conf
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Web-Proxy
auth_param basic credentialsttl 120 minute
auth_param basic casesensitive off
acl radius-auth proxy_auth REQUIRED
no_cache deny all
http_access deny !radius-auth
http_access allow all
always_direct allow all
http_reply_access allow all
#miss_access allow all

When Accessing the SSL request I am getting the following error
clientNegotiateSSL: Error negotiating SSL connection on FD 17:
error:1407609B:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:https proxy request
(1/-1)

When it authenticates, it is looping . For every request it is asking the
credentials
Please advise me with the correct configuration.
appreciate your support.

Thanks
-Sampath