Re: [squid-users] Tuning problem in squid

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:30:01 +0200

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Thanigairajan<methanigai_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I am facing some performance issues in squid .
>
> i.e. I have Debian etch with squid,squidguard,shorewall.
> Internet is  working in normal speed if clients are approx 50 .
> If clients are approx 70 -100 it is getting very slow.
>
> I googled for tuning and done the following things,
> redirect_children 10
> cache_dir ufs /var/spool/squid 1000 16 256

ufs is definitely not suited for anything but testing. Please try aufs instead.

> cache_mem 48 MB

48Mb of cache_mem on a 4gb server? This could definitely be raised.

> pipeline_prefetch on
> fqdncache_size 2048
> maximum_object_size 8192 KB
>
> Can you please suggest me how can i improve  much ?
>
> FYI : We have Leased line .so we are getting constant bandwidth.
> We are running the server in desktop HP Compaq with 4GB RAM, Core2Duo

Unless your issues can be solved by these simple hints, we need to
have more informations, such as the output from "squid -v" and a more
complete configuration excerpt.

--
    /kinkie