[squid-users] Tuning problem in squid

From: Thanigairajan <methanigai_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 19:31:46 +0530

Hi ,

I am facing some performance issues in squid .

i.e. I have Debian etch with squid,squidguard,shorewall.
Internet is working in normal speed if clients are approx 50 .
If clients are approx 70 -100 it is getting very slow.

I googled for tuning and done the following things,
redirect_children 10
cache_dir ufs /var/spool/squid 1000 16 256
cache_mem 48 MB
pipeline_prefetch on
fqdncache_size 2048
maximum_object_size 8192 KB

Can you please suggest me how can i improve much ?

FYI : We have Leased line .so we are getting constant bandwidth.
We are running the server in desktop HP Compaq with 4GB RAM, Core2Duo

Thanks,
MThanigairajan

--
Thanks & Regards